SEC, Tesla CEO Elon Musk seek one-week delay to resolve contempt motion

대한민국 뉴스 뉴스

SEC, Tesla CEO Elon Musk seek one-week delay to resolve contempt motion
대한민국 최근 뉴스,대한민국 헤드 라인
  • 📰 CNBC
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 78 sec. here
  • 3 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 35%
  • Publisher: 72%

On April 4, a federal judge gave Musk and the SEC two weeks to work out their differences, punting a request from the agency to hold him in contempt of court for allegedly violating an October securities fraud settlement. Now they want one more week.

Tesla CEO Elon Musk and the Securities and Exchange Commission have asked for a one-week delay to resolve their contempt of court dispute, the parties announced Thursday in a joint submission to a federal judge.

div > div.group > p:first-child"> "While we have not reached an agreement, counsel for the SEC, Mr. Musk, and counsel for Tesla met and conferred for over an hour by telephone earlier this week and are continuing to discuss potential resolution. Because our discussions are ongoing, we respectfully request to provide the Court with another joint submission on or before April 25, 2019, indicating whether we have reached an agreement in principle," the submission says.

On April 4, a federal judge gave Musk and the SEC two weeks to work out their differences, punting a request from the agency to hold him in contempt of court for allegedly violating an October securities fraud settlement. U.S. Judge Alison Nathan said she had"serious concerns that no matter what I decide here, this issue won't be resolved." Nathan ordered both parties to"take a deep breath, put on your reasonableness pants" and work out a solution.

The initial tweet was enough to convince the SEC to charge Musk with contempt for violating an October agreement. That agreement came about as a result of Musk's tweet last year saying that he had"funding secured" to take Tesla private at $420 per share. Musk and Tesla each paid $20 million fines as part of that settlement.

Former SEC prosecutor Elliot Lutzker told CNBC earlier this month that he does not expect the SEC to try and remove Musk from his CEO role, but believes the settlement will involve a fine larger than $20 million.

이 소식을 빠르게 읽을 수 있도록 요약했습니다. 뉴스에 관심이 있으시면 여기에서 전문을 읽으실 수 있습니다. 더 많은 것을 읽으십시오:

CNBC /  🏆 12. in US

대한민국 최근 뉴스, 대한민국 헤드 라인

Similar News:다른 뉴스 소스에서 수집한 이와 유사한 뉴스 기사를 읽을 수도 있습니다.

Elon Musk said Tesla cars will probably be better than humans at driving by the end of 2019Elon Musk said Tesla cars will probably be better than humans at driving by the end of 2019Tesla CEO Elon Musk made the prediction in an interview with MIT research scientist Lex Fridman.
더 많은 것을 읽으십시오 »

In SEC vs. Elon Musk, a Question of When Tweets MatterIn SEC vs. Elon Musk, a Question of When Tweets MatterElon Musk last year agreed to have Tesla lawyers pre-approve tweets that “reasonably could contain” material information about the electric car maker’s business. Those words are now at the center of court-ordered talks between the two parties.
더 많은 것을 읽으십시오 »

David Einhorn's Greenlight says Tesla 'on the brink' of failureDavid Einhorn's Greenlight says Tesla 'on the brink' of failureDavid Einhorn's Greenlight Capital renewed criticism of Elon Musk and Tesla...
더 많은 것을 읽으십시오 »

A SpaceX rocket survived space, but was torn apart by high seasA SpaceX rocket survived space, but was torn apart by high seasSpaceX CEO Elon Musk tweeted that the engines still may be salvageable.
더 많은 것을 읽으십시오 »

One of Tesla's biggest investors has slashed its stake once againOne of Tesla's biggest investors has slashed its stake once againT. Rowe Price group was previously the third-largest shareholder who wasn't CEO Elon Musk.
더 많은 것을 읽으십시오 »

Elon Musk said Panasonic hasn't been making enough batteries for Tesla's carsElon Musk said Panasonic hasn't been making enough batteries for Tesla's carsTesla CEO Elon Musk tweeted on Saturday that the rate of battery-cell production from Panasonic has held back output for the Model 3 .
더 많은 것을 읽으십시오 »

Uber files with SEC to go public in the year’s most anticipated tech IPOUber files with SEC to go public in the year’s most anticipated tech IPOThe ride-hailing company said it has 3.9 million drivers and operates in more than 700 cities.
더 많은 것을 읽으십시오 »

Exclusive: Blocking Trump tax return release puts Treasury Sec. in legal jeopardyExclusive: Blocking Trump tax return release puts Treasury Sec. in legal jeopardyIn a new Daily Beast article, tax expert David Cay Johnston reveals that if the treasury secretary and IRS commissioner do not comply with the request to release Trump's tax returns, they will be violating a law punishable by up to five years in prison. Lawrence O’Donnell discusses with David Cay Johnston in an exclusive interview.
더 많은 것을 읽으십시오 »

Italian economy minister expects growth to pick up in H2: TV interviewItalian economy minister expects growth to pick up in H2: TV interviewEconomy Minister Giovanni Tria expects Italy's growth to pick up in the sec...
더 많은 것을 읽으십시오 »

Energy Department denies report Sec Rick Perry is preparing to departEnergy Department denies report Sec Rick Perry is preparing to depart'There is no truth that Secretary Perry is departing the administration any time soon,' a Department of Energy spokesperson said.
더 많은 것을 읽으십시오 »



Render Time: 2025-08-30 11:39:11